Wednesday 10 October 2012

Grinning like a cat

Today must be the best day ever in my stamp collecting life.
 
My in-laws had gone on a holiday to Portugal and came back with a nice surprise for me. Before they left, my husband had asked them to bring back some stamps for my collection. I was only expecting to get a couple of loose stamps but imagine my surprise when I saw what they got!

Inside a bag were the complete 2011 Portuguese stamp issues, the Visit Portugal stamp pack and some topicals - soldiers, the Pyrenees etc. - from France. They are all so beautiful that I didn't dare open them! I'm content to see just the front of the packs or the pictures at the back. 
 I especially like the souvenir stamps from Lourdes in France. They will go in my special religious collection. 
I feel like the cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog Irene :) I'm your first follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my! I should find such in-laws too :)) what a fantastic gift! *green with envy* :D

    ReplyDelete