Thursday 18 October 2012

I am not postman Pat

The other day, I saw an article in the local paper (mX) with the headline "Posties flea deliveries". At first I thought it was a postman delivering fleas. I did a double take. That can't be right. What do they not deliver now? It was actually a postman fleeing an attack of fleas. The postman was covered in bites after he was almost eaten alive by fleas while delivering mail.

It made me think of how it's not really that easy to be a postman. You have to be fit and strong to be able to carry or lift a heavy mailbag.You have to deliver the mail no matter what the weather so it's good if you're not the type of person who easily gets sick. You have to get up early to sort your mail and get it all delivered.


This is not a job for me. I'm skinny. I don't like cold weather. I'd rather stay in my warm bed in winter than get up to deliver mail. Spring is not good either as I get hay fever. And summer? Too much sun. Not my kind of thing at all.

And then of course you get chased by dogs. As to how true this is I don't know but it is highly possible as there are some dogs who just love to chase anything that moves.

I'm quite happy someone else is doing this job. I prefer to wait and see what my postie has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment